Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Does Changing Streams change Cadence from "Paused" to "Normal?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Changing Streams change Cadence from "Paused" to "Normal?"

Hello!

I have an engagement program that pauses leads after a certain amount of time. There are variables at play that could have those contacts moved to a different stream in the same program. Since they are technically "paused" in the program, when you have a flow step to change the engagement stream, would they be automatically reset to "normal?" Or do I need to add a flow step for that to happen?

One more question!

- When using transition rules in engagement streams, does the lead the lead get "paused" from one stream when transitioning to another? Or does the lead just move?

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Does Changing Streams change Cadence from "Paused" to "Normal?"

Hey John, no pausing or unpausing will happen just because of a change in streams. There are previous questions on this as well. Does changing the stream of a 'paused' contact also unpause them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Dory Viscogliosi​! Is that also true of using transition rules? So I would need to set up a campaign to change the cadence back to "normal?" Thanks!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yes, the transition rules will simply move someone -- not change their cadence.