Re: Does anyone know how to set-up DKIM, SPF, whitelist etc for Google Apps Mail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know how to set-up DKIM, SPF, whitelist etc for Google Apps Mail?

As it turns out, we do not have IT and we need to set-up Marketo email  deliverability for Google Apps Mail and there is not documentation I can find that is specific to Google Apps Mail.  Has anyone done this email integration config?  Maybe share your experience?  Thanks!  -Jason
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Does anyone know how to set-up DKIM, SPF, whitelist etc for Google Apps Mail?

Yes, see this article:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/dkim-spf-and-cname-setup-for-marketo-289/

and 

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyrDCAS

Generally what you do is alter the DNS records, which may or may not be on your GApps management tool.

Remember to tell Marketo about your SPF and DKIM setup.
Anonymous
Not applicable

SPF and DKIM are agnostic to any specific email system. That is a server-side setup done by your IT and one step Marketo executes to complete DKIM.

Set up SPF and DKIM for your Email Deliverability

The Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an open standard specifying a technical method to prevent sender address forgery. More precisely, the current version of SPF — called SPFv1 or SPF Classic — protects the envelope sender address, which is used for the delivery of messages. See the box on the right for a quick explanation of the different types of sender addresses in e-mails.

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) lets an organization take responsibility for a message that is in transit.  The organization is a handler of the message, either as its originator or as an intermediary. Their reputation is the basis for evaluating whether to trust the message for further handling, such as delivery. Technically DKIM provides a method for validating a domain name identity that is associated with a message through cryptographic authentication.

Whitelist Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I was hoping for specific assist or directions for Google.  I will forge on.