Re: Do you sync your Marketo emails as an activity in Salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you sync your Marketo emails as an activity in Salesforce?

I'm wondering if anyone logs their Marketo mass emails as an activity in Salesforce? Right now we only log the emails that our reps send on-off as an activity in Salesforce, but I'm thinking there are benefits to logging Marketo emails as well?

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are "exceeding your Salesforce storage quota" and "hurting performance on both sides" benefits?

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

If you have Marketo Sales Insight, you can already see all the email sent via Marketo in Salesforce.

Screenshot_1072.png

Logging every email as an activity can create problems for both systems, as Sanford mentioned. Let's start with what are you trying to achieve/solve?

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What about the new data retention policy - won't it remove old interesting moments after 25 months?

Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

Really important emails engagement and activities I would sync to Salesforce Campaigns. You would have Programs for those anyways which more or less auto sync. If you use mainly smart campaigns for sending huge chunks of emails, you might want to switch to email programs.

I think Sales Enablement is about capturing and showing the sales org relevant info. I doubt they are interested in which email a prospect might have received 25 months before they last showed any engagement. This might be different in your line of business, though.

( I am having a closer look at the new data retention soon, but I believe they remove those 25 months "after last activity". )

Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

seconding previous comments.don't do it - use sales insights

Also in case you want to pull info ageing info per Salesforce Reporting, if reps havent engaged with the lead/contact - you wont have meaningful data b/c of sent marketo marketing mails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! We've been using Sales Insight like you all mention, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a crucial step.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is a compilation of all communication with the prospect, a mix of both Marketo and Sales emails. Not sure how to accomplish this at the moment.

Rebeca_Sandel1
Level 1

Hi Sarah,

Did you end up figuring out how to accomplish this? I am in the same boat - though we don't have Sales Insight (at least not as far as I am aware).

Emily_Miller
Level 2

I'm in the same situation

Chris_Wilcox
Level 9

We write email engagements (clicks or web page views via an email click) as an activity to SFDC. We do not get send/delivered data in an aggregate view, but touches and engagements (sales + marketing) can be easily reported upon by doing this. Probably not the right solution for everyone and definitely consider the volume you're talking about. We have a smaller, finite database of leads, and email volume and engagement is moderate compared to larger instances.