Re: Do I need Java Placement if Content AI is in Emails?

Raksha_Rathnam
Level 2

Do I need Java Placement if Content AI is in Emails?

Hello,

We are currently looking to utilize content AI within our email communications. This content will link out to various web pages, whitepapers, etc. Some of the content may even be just links to PDFs hosted on Marketo itself.

In looking at the "Getting Started" documentation it states that JavaScript will need to be deployed into the html of all sites people will be landing on. However, is this step really needed if we're just implementing within emails and not on landing pages or sites? Wouldn't the click itself on the email to get to the consumable content indicate the interest and thus learning for the Content AI algorithms?

Any clarification is helpful!

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The javascript is also used - and even more so - for content discovery (Enable Content Discovery - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation) on your site so that it can be included in your emails/landing pages; and for analytics purposes (e.g., top content, top conversions, top content types, etc.).  If you don't include the javascript, no content will exist within the Content-AI UI.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yah - this is similar to the munchkin code that you deploy fro Marketo -- the RTP tag is required for RTP (which houses ContentAI)