SOLVED

Re: Do I need a subdomain for my marketo landing pages?

Go to solution
Troy_Larson
Level 3

Do I need a subdomain for my marketo landing pages?

Hi there,
Question for you guys. I couldn't find any information on this, but I was curious if I needed to create/use a subdomain as a prerequisite for marketo landing pages.

I currently do have one that I'm using (pages.yubico.com) but is that really necessary (meaning the feature will not work if I do not use/configure one?). The logic is that if you visit or WP site and then move to a marketo subdomain for a landing page, we lose tracking. So a thought we had was what if we didn't use a subdomain.

Any thoughts on this would be great.

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Larson
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman - never mind, looks like as usual, you've got some tips here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/really-finally-winning-the-marketo-forms-vs-tracking-pro...

Going to try that, then if I'm still stuck I'll resubmit something that's more appropriate. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The logic is that if you visit or WP site and then move to a marketo subdomain for a landing page, we lose tracking.

Why? The Munchkin cookie should be set at the parent private domain, so it’s shared by the zone apex (example.com) as well as all subdomains (*.example.com).

Troy_Larson
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman 

Hope you're well 🙂 Thanks for the quick reply. So after speaking with my boss, I mistranslated this initial request. Basically the question he has is why is it that when we embed a Marketo form on a WordPress page, most individuals cannot view it. It seems that while ad blockers will let it render if it's a Marketo form on a Marketo landing page, but the minute it shifts from a Marketo landing page to an embedded WordPress page it triggers the majority of the ad blockers and other setters to that individuals are not able to view it. 

Now, he's wondering if it's something on our side, like perhaps we failed to set up something on our side. Hoping that maybe you may have some insights here? I don't think it's a config error, I think it's got to do with nesting 2 different technologies but I could be wrong.

Appreciate any thoughts you may have, now that I've attempted to clarify the question.

Troy_Larson
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman - never mind, looks like as usual, you've got some tips here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/really-finally-winning-the-marketo-forms-vs-tracking-pro...

Going to try that, then if I'm still stuck I'll resubmit something that's more appropriate.