Re: Do I have to call REST API's "Get Lead Activities" many times to replicate SOAP API's "getLeadActivity"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have to call REST API's "Get Lead Activities" many times to replicate SOAP API's "getLeadActivity"?

The following on SOAP API seems to be possible, but in REST API with say 50 activity types on the system I would have to make min 5 REST calls. Is this correct or is there a better way?

SOAP API

"getLeadActivity" allowed you to return all activity for a lead without providing activity ids or calling many times. getLeadActivity » Marketo Developers

" If you want all activity types, a blank value needs to be passed."

REST API

"Get Lead Activities" Get Lead Activities » Marketo Developers

activityTypeIds

Required

Comma-separated list of activity ids, max 10.  Obtain activity ids by calling Get Activity Types.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Do I have to call REST API's "Get Lead Activities" many times to replicate SOAP API's "getLeadActivity"?

You are correct.

Kurt_Koller
Level 4

Not directed at anyone here, more something Marketo could address... It's my understanding that the REST API is to replace the SOAP API which has been deprecated, and therefore is supposed to have "feature parity" with the SOAP API. The idea that you need to use 5x the API calls for the same goal doesn't seem to meet this objective. The feature is sort of there but to get to the same goal is 5x as expensive.

Is there any way to bring this into like with the SOAP API?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's my understanding that the REST API is to replace the SOAP API

Repeal and replace I think would be the term for it.