SOLVED

Re: Disable Smart List Subscriptions

Go to solution
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Disable Smart List Subscriptions

With the upcoming release only days away, will it be able to completely disable the Smart List subscriptions feature? Perhaps enabling it for certain Users / Roles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Stijn,

Right now I'm hearing that it will not be possible to turn this feature off.  I don't know about the permissions yet, but I'll see what else I can find out.

John

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Stijn,

Right now I'm hearing that it will not be possible to turn this feature off.  I don't know about the permissions yet, but I'll see what else I can find out.

John

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Then I'll advise my team that the best thing for now is to disable Smart List accessibility for everyone in the instance until more security features are enabled.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Stijn is right, this may be a major data security breach!

Worth and idea, I'll vote for it.

-Greg

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Added as an idea;

Feel free to add any requirements / specs that you can think of. The safer this feature gets, the more likely it is to be used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an admin permission 'Export Lead' under 'Access Lead Database' that you can use to disable this 'Subscribe to Smart List' feature.

I will ask our documentation team to document this.

Hope this helps!

MJ

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Mahesh,

Thx for the insight.

Nevertheless, the scenario I fear is that someone who is authorized to create a smart list subscription includes a second person in the addressees, who in turn forwards the email to a third one, etc... all with the export file attached.

Hence Stijn's idea.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg for the clarification.

If the addresses are Marketo users then you can use an Admin setting (in users and roles section) to only allow the download of report by Marketo users. In this case, even if the report email is forwarded to non Marketo users then they cant see the report because they don't have the Marketo login. 

If the admin setting is not used then we can't control the download of the reports by non addresses in case of a forward. I will add this for future consideration in the product backlog.

Thanks for the feedback.

MJ