Differentiating Activity Types - Clicked email vs Visited Website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Differentiating Activity Types - Clicked email vs Visited Website

Hi Folks-

I am fairly new to Marketo and I just ran an email campaign and I would like to know the difference between the activities "Clicked Email" and "Visited Webpage" 

I would assume that they are the same thing but the two activity groups do no appear to be the same  people. Can someone explain?

Thanks,

Paul

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Differentiating Activity Types - Clicked email vs Visited Website

Paul,

I'm not sure what you mean by "the two activity groups do no appear to be the same people," but Clicked Email means they clicked a link inside an email and Visits Web Page means they visited a page on which you've enabled Marketo tracking.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Differentiating Activity Types - Clicked email vs Visited Website

Hi Charlie-

Thanks for the response. 

To clarify, within "Marketing Activities" I have a Email "Program" which contains the "Smart Campaign" for the email blast I just sent.  

Once i click on the "Smart Campaign" lightbulb - I click on the "Results" link - which  gives me the results of said email campaign. 

On the report under "Activity Type" I see "Clicked Email" and "Visited Web Page"

I am simply trying to figure out the difference between the two. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Does this make sense?

Thanks!

Paul