Salesforce Sync - Inferred fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Sync - Inferred fields

I'm setting up my Marketo/SF sync and using this document: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000Kz6LCAS. I'm on #5 under "Map Marketo Lead Fields to Corresponding Salesforce Contact Fields". What does it mean by "interred" fields? Also, it says that these are required Lead fields - does this mean I have to have these fields in my Salesforce instance? Are there any fields I must have in SF in order for Marketo to function?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Salesforce Sync - Inferred fields

Hi Sara,
  1. After you install the Marketo Lead Management package form the Salesforce AppExchange, the inferred fields should automatically appear in Salesforce leads.
  2. Inferred means that Marketo looks up the record based on IP address in its own database and comes up with an educated guess about the company/location of the lead.
  3. Any fields in SFDC that Marketo needs should be there if you install the Lead Management package.
In addition, don't forget to install the Sales Insight and RCA packages as well if you guys are subscribing to those.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sara,

The inferred fields are based off of IP addresses. It is the systems best guess as to where the person is, but keep in mind it is not perfect. These fields show up under the Marketo information section (Sales Insight, MSI) on the Lead and Contact layout section. 

They are a part of MSI, so they are required. The other fields that you definitely want to make sure are synched are First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Company Name. Obviously, you will need more than that, but those are the most important.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! Both very helpful. One more - if I plan on installing Sales Insight, do I need to display Marketo Lead Fields on my Salesforce Lead and Contact pages? I'm being careful because I just cleaned up a lot of extra fields in SF and want to keep it as minimal as possible.