Different Times within Engagement Campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Times within Engagement Campaigns

How do I add a different date and time to an engagement campaign? I seem to only be able to select (multiple) days and only one time.

For example, if I wanted an engagement email series to go at 3PM Tuesdays and 6AM Fridays.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Different Times within Engagement Campaigns

You would need two different streams to do this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two streams that both reference the same messages would work. Be careful not to clone the one and only set a different time. You will want to create a new program and drag all of the content from the first program into the second program. This will ensure they do not recieve duplicate messages.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to send at the two different times?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if this would work, buuuuuut, here's another idea:
  1. Change the stream to send on Tuesday at 3 PM
  2. Create another stream in that program with all of the same content
  3. Set that stream to send on Friday at 6 AM
  4. Create 2 Smart Campaigns in the Engagement Program that are batch, recurring
    • Use the Member of Engagement Program is Filter with criteria of Stream is and choose the engagement program for both and then the first stream for one and the second stream for the second.
    • Use the flow step of Change Engagement Program Stream to the opposite stream you picked in the filter.
    • Schedule the one that moves people to the Friday Stream to run right after the Tuesday send.
    • Schedule the one that moves people to the Tuesday Stream to run right after the Friday send.
You would probably want to try this out before you rolled with it. This is merely a thought....