SOLVED

Different Numbers in Email Performance Report and in Smart List

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different Numbers in Email Performance Report and in Smart List

I've got both an email performance report and a smart list which includes people who received an email. The numbers they are giving me for mail sent are different by a factor of almost 1:5 and I can't figure out why this could be.

They are both set up for the same time range (past 2 weeks) and both include all emails sent. The number of leads who were sent an email is also the higher number. I can understand how number of emails sent could be higher than leads who were sent an email but not the other way around. According to the reports we sent 15,000 emails to 78,000 people. I've double checked all the settings and I'm almost positive they should be showing the same information. The email performance report smart list is empty, the setup does not have any filters and the date is a specific range 4/9-4/23. The smart list has one filter which is Was Sent Email, email is set to any and the date constraint is set to 4/9-4/23.

Is there something I'm overlooking that could be causing this or do we have some sort of bug? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Different Numbers in Email Performance Report and in Smart List

This is a known issue. There was an earlier thread on this. For various reasons the Smart List and Email Peformance report do not quite match.

Since your system (and the other thread) was so far off, I suggest contacting support.

Remember that Email Perf Report is permanent, while Smart List can only show you leads that still exist.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is a known issue. There was an earlier thread on this. For various reasons the Smart List and Email Peformance report do not quite match.

Since your system (and the other thread) was so far off, I suggest contacting support.

Remember that Email Perf Report is permanent, while Smart List can only show you leads that still exist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I looked for any other threads about this and didn't find any.

Thanks for your response, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I went to support with it.