SOLVED

Difference between Program Members data and Email Performance Report

Go to solution
Tonya_Austin
Level 2

Difference between Program Members data and Email Performance Report

Hello All,
Can anyone explain the difference between Total Members (as found on a Program Performance Report and the number of Sent emails on the Email Performance Report?

I have a program that has one email that was sent.  The total members is almost 6,000 less than the number of sent emails.  Our management team wants to know why and I cannot seem to find an answer in the community.  If I compare all of our programs that we have done so far ALL of the numbers are off when comparing the 2 reports. 

I have the email performance report configured so that I am specifying the email in the Setup tab.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between Program Members data and Email Performance Report

Sure.. How many people were unsubscribed, marketing suspended, blacklisted, and email invalid? If you add up those people it could be the missing number of people not sent the email, because they won't qualify to recieve the email. But they will still qualify to be a member of the program.

One way I've seen people deal with this is create a "Global Exclusion" smart list. Smart List | Unsubscribed=True or Mark. Sus. = True or BL = True or E.I. = True. Then when you create your initial smart lists to send out emails, you say Member of Smart List (not in) Global Exclusion list.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure.. How many people were unsubscribed, marketing suspended, blacklisted, and email invalid? If you add up those people it could be the missing number of people not sent the email, because they won't qualify to recieve the email. But they will still qualify to be a member of the program.

One way I've seen people deal with this is create a "Global Exclusion" smart list. Smart List | Unsubscribed=True or Mark. Sus. = True or BL = True or E.I. = True. Then when you create your initial smart lists to send out emails, you say Member of Smart List (not in) Global Exclusion list.
Tonya_Austin
Level 2

Adam,
Thanks for your reply.  This is what I initially thought and it makes perfect sense.  The reason I was not so sure that was the answer is because one of the emails that I was doing a compare with was sent to a small group using a different program.  This is why that one had more sent emails than program members.  I have looked through the other numbers and they all have more program members than sent emails.

We have since stopped doing that so going forward this should help keep things matched up better.  Thanks for the tip on the Global Exclusion list.  We currently have an exclusion list so I am going to check it to make sure we are exluding all of the items you mentioned.

Thanks again!