Did token {{trigger.Web Page}} change?

Nicolas_Bureau1
Level 1

Did token {{trigger.Web Page}} change?

Hi all,

Recently, we observed a change in our Interesting moments that use {{trigger.Web Page}}. We are using this token to know on which specific page (URL) of our website a link was clicked. It was working perfectly until then, but now, it looks like the token {{trigger.Web Page}} returns the target URL of the link, and no longer the URL of the page where the link is present.

Did anyone also noticed that change? Do you know if there's been a change in Marketo? What other token can we use?

Hope you can help us there.

Thanks a lot

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Did token {{trigger.Web Page}} change?

Interesting. Do you have a screenshot?

Did you ask Support?

Nicolas_Bureau1
Level 1

Hi Josh,

Here's a screenshot... you see clearly that the URL in the 4 first lines are pdf files (the actual target of the link) while in the last 2 lines, they correspond to webpages

pastedImage_0.png

Didn't create a ticket to support yet, but I will do so...

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you sure you didn't change the Trigger from Clicked Link to Visits Web Page? (The change in context changes the meaning of {[trigger.tokens}}.)

If not, such a regression -- if true -- would be disastrous.

Nicolas_Bureau1
Level 1

Yes, I've checked again and the trigger is stil Clicked Link...

Dan_Stevens_

Not sure if this is related, but we experienced something very similar while we were testing the Brightcove video integration in Marketo.  We integrated a Marketo form into a video and placed it in an iframe on our website.  Since the iframe was being served on the brightcove.com domain, the third-party cookie looked like it over-wrote existing activity in the activity log.  All of the highlighted detail used to contain a variety of avanade.com page URLs:

pastedImage_0.png

So by chance, is the same munchkin tracking code being served by multiple domains?

Josh_Hill13

It really overwrote the log data from past actions?

I suppose you could ask BrightCove about this. Maybe see if you need to do some custom munchkin.

Does the log iD detail say anything?

Dan_Stevens_

Yes it did - I never seen anything like this before.  Fortunately, we scrapped the iframe approach and it's now embedded on our pages of our site.

Here's a sample log activity detail of one of the entries:

pastedImage_0.png