Demographic Based Lead Scoring Program Logic

Yolande_Yip
Level 2

Demographic Based Lead Scoring Program Logic

Right now in our lead scoring campaign, we have our "instant qualify" behavioral score threshold set to 100. One campaign is triggered by several possible qualifying actions. If a lead takes a specified action (ex: fills out a form), it triggers a behavioral score of 100 and also triggers the rest of the program flow to change the lead status to Marketing Qualified Lead, and an alert is sent to the sales owner. (sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly)

Problem: I need to inhibit the above process flow for leads from specific countries (e.g., New Zealand) only for specific instant qualifying actions (for a free trial form but not for a form that requests immediate contact). I've already implemented negative demographic scoring, but it does not affect the behavioral instant qualifying action. My sales and executive teams are very fixated on increasing the instant qualification threshold to 200 only for New Zealand leads.

Questions:

1. What is the best way to set up a behavioral scoring program flow, so that NZ leads that fill out a free trial form must reach a behavioral score of 200 before triggering the MQL program flow and without affecting other instant qualifying actions? Is this possible?

2. Going back through the documentation provided by the consultants who set up the lead scoring program, they mention that instant qualification behavioral score threshold of 100 is best practice. Is this request going against best practices? Are there downsides to setting up the program in this way? 

Any ideas on how to architect the programs and campaigns would be very much appreciated. I'm not a Marketo expert by any means, but we are resource constrained, and I'm the only person who will be able to work on this.

2 REPLIES 2
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Demographic Based Lead Scoring Program Logic

Should move this to Products to categorize this correctly!

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Demographic Based Lead Scoring Program Logic

100 is arbitrary, but easy to communicate across the organization.

You should edit the smart campaign that is changing the lead to MQL status. If the country is being captured, you can edit the smart campaign by adding a filter if Country IS NOT New Zealand.

Then create a separate smart campaign that triggers on behavioral score is 200 AND country is New Zealand.