Deleting in Marketo but not in Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting in Marketo but not in Salesforce

Hi community--

If I've deleted a record ONLY in Marketo but not in Salesforce, does the record get "recreated" in Marketo if there is an edit to the record in Salesforce?

Thanks,
Hoi
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Deleting in Marketo but not in Salesforce

Hoi,

Which function did you use?

If you delete it in Marketo, it is likely deleted in both systems....if you used Delete Lead From SFDC, Delete in Marketo = True.

But if you used Delete Lead, then the SFDC record is still there and it may resync. It will likely only do that if the lead comes back into Marketo later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deleting in Marketo but not in Salesforce

Hey Josh--

I used the latter, Delete Lead. In talking with sales, they wanted to keep old records in our SFDC because they felt there could still be some worth in calling into them and potentially getting a few leads and/or opportunities from those conversations. On the marketing side, we didn't want a ton of leads with bad emails in our system because it costs more to do so and because we didn't want to run the risk of blasting to bad emails that bounce and having that affect our deliverability rate.

Unfortunately, it seems that leads that were deleted only in Marketo are making their way back after I reassigned them in SFDC.

Not a major, major issue but it is causing a few headaches because it's activating a couple of trigger campaigns that we didn't want.

Any ideas for how to manage/deal with this in the future?

Hoi