SOLVED

Re: deleting content blocks in pre-made templates

Go to solution
JasmineT_SCC
Level 1

deleting content blocks in pre-made templates

Hello,
I am a brand new marketo user and have been learning the interface over the past few days.
I have run into an issue that does not appear to have an beginner-friendly solution so I wanted to put out a post and see if there have been any updated solutions. I am trying to figure out how to delete content blocks in a pre-made email template. I can delete a top-level block, such as a text or image block, but I cannot delete or even move around any blocks that are nested within a top level block, for example a 2-column block does not allow me to delete or move the blocks within the two columns.

The only possible solutions I have found so far are from 2016 and involve changing the HTML code of the block I want to delete to prevent it from appearing, but I have very little experience with coding and there are no video tutorials showing how to do this from what I can find online, so I wanted to see if there have been any other solutions found for this issue.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EllenSchwier
Level 4

Hi Jasmine,

Marketo email editor has fewer features than tools that focus exclusively on email sending. So, you are not able to edit the design as easily as you might hope by removing one of two columns (and having it transform into a single column module, for example). When advising on new templates for clients, we recommend thinking in terms of the combinations you would like....have a separate "button" module so you can easily have a content module with or without the button, for example.

If you are comfortable in HTML and the option is not locked in your instance, you can also edit the code by clicking on the "Edit Code" button at the top of your email. 

Or suggest additional modules that should be created in your next template review. You can see all the Marketo options here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/email-edi... 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
EllenSchwier
Level 4

Hi Jasmine,

Marketo email editor has fewer features than tools that focus exclusively on email sending. So, you are not able to edit the design as easily as you might hope by removing one of two columns (and having it transform into a single column module, for example). When advising on new templates for clients, we recommend thinking in terms of the combinations you would like....have a separate "button" module so you can easily have a content module with or without the button, for example.

If you are comfortable in HTML and the option is not locked in your instance, you can also edit the code by clicking on the "Edit Code" button at the top of your email. 

Or suggest additional modules that should be created in your next template review. You can see all the Marketo options here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/email-marketing/general/email-edi...