SOLVED

Re: Deleting a Marketo Admin?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleting a Marketo Admin?

Hi,

One of my colleagues who was a Marketo Admin has left my company. I haven't actually had to remove a user in this high role level before and she did have automated emails within our nurture stream setup. I am wondering if I remove her, will those emails still work, as she has been deleted. Or will I have to change all the "from" email addresses before deleting her?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Calon,

Please move this discussion to Products​ as it is Marketo-specific and not a general marketing topic.

If the user is deleted, those emails will still work and auto-replies will still send to her email address. It's probably best practice to have her work emails forward to another member of the team. But as for your question, those "from addresses" do not need to be changed to someone else in order to send the emails, but it's best practice to begin removing all references to her email address.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Calon,

Please move this discussion to Products​ as it is Marketo-specific and not a general marketing topic.

If the user is deleted, those emails will still work and auto-replies will still send to her email address. It's probably best practice to have her work emails forward to another member of the team. But as for your question, those "from addresses" do not need to be changed to someone else in order to send the emails, but it's best practice to begin removing all references to her email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. This is what I wanted to confirm.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Calon Alpar​ one thing to consider is the people who will be receiving these emails. Do they have a relationship with the person who's email is being used?

I know a company that was sending batch emails from lead owner and hadn't transferred a lead owners contacts who had left a few weeks prior.

A customer then created a huge issue as they said they felt they were being duped because they knew the person had left the company. They said that the company was pretending he was still there to help close a sale.