Re: Deleted lead is causing multiple duplicates from Salesforce Sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted lead is causing multiple duplicates from Salesforce Sync

On Friday, I deleted 1000 leads from Marketo, but left them in SFDC.

When SFDC synced, it created a new lead from the SFDC info, and continues to recreate this lead over and over on the hour. So from one deleted lead, I now have 150 duplicates (x 1000 leads), and the duplicates keep growing!

Has anyone seen this before, and any ideas on how to stop this?

Thanks!
Greg

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy cow! That's a bad one. 

I would call support for sure. 

If you want to have leads in SDFC that don't exist in Marketo you will need to configure the integration user to not see certain leads based on your criteria (e.g., a checkbox that you can set to false and make those leads invisible to the integration user). 

Good luck. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin.
Yes it certainly is a doozy, that came out of left field.

I just can't tell if the problem is on Marketo or SFDC side, or both?
It's definitely a vicious cycle as the duplicates are in both systems!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you look in the activity log of one of the duplicated leads in Marketo and see if it's saying 'synced' or 'interted' or something along those lines?  That might give you a clue as to which direction the duplications are coming from.  Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nate,

The funny thing is that if I look at the duplicate in Marketo, it says created Source:Salesforce.
If I check in Salesforce, it says it was created by Marketo!

One thing that I just found out, is that Salesforce 15 forced upgrade on Thursday night, which includes a DeDupe Catcher. Now when activated, the rules are set up automatically in Salesforce to catch not just email dupes, but First Name+Last Name+Company+Job Title.. which is amazing going forward, but not helping me find out the immediate culprit.