SOLVED

Re: Delete Person Flow Step - Can this person be imported again?

Go to solution
Monica_Haley1
Level 1

Delete Person Flow Step - Can this person be imported again?

If we execute the Delete Person Flow Step in a Durable Unsubscribe campaign, can that delete person be reimported?

I'm getting mixed messages from previous posts.

I ran 2 tests where I imported 2 different people who had been deleted and it seems Marketo does not create a new record.

But then I found another thread that says if it comes from SFDC it will create a new record. We are using Netsuite for our CRM.

I can't find a definitive answer.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Let's do this step by step.

First, search again now to make sure those imports are complete.

Next, make sure you don't have an operational campaign that is simply deleting the leads again upon import.

Then enter the same email address on a form and search for the resulting lead.

There's no inherent restriction on re/creating leads (that feature would be very, very bizarre if it did exist).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

Is it a coincidence, or did your colleague just post this exact question on the blog post Feeding the Durable Unsubscribe List without increasing the database ?

Better to have it here in Products​ at any rate.

Jenny_Falke
Level 1

Yep, sure did. Deleted it over there.

SanfordWhiteman

Let's do this step by step.

First, search again now to make sure those imports are complete.

Next, make sure you don't have an operational campaign that is simply deleting the leads again upon import.

Then enter the same email address on a form and search for the resulting lead.

There's no inherent restriction on re/creating leads (that feature would be very, very bizarre if it did exist).

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also, if you use workspaces and partitions, make sure that you are searching for the person in the proper partition. Better search from a workspace that can access all the partitions. You should have such a workspace, if the setup is done correctly.

-Greg

Alex_Bridges3
Level 2

One fun fact to consider - if the lead was marked as 'unsubscribed' when previously deleted, Marketo retains that information and re-attaches it to the lead if it's imported again down the road. Had this come up a couple months back, and found that out via Marketo support.

Not sure if terribly relevant to the current situation, but something to look out for nonetheless.

SanfordWhiteman

Well, Jenny is working on a Durable Unsubscribe campaign, so it's all too relevant.

Monica_Haley1
Level 1

Sorry to disappear, we just got back to this issue. We removed the wait step to test but I think that was keeping us from testing properly. My import wasn't even going through succesfully either. Anyway, we added wait step back, imported to the durable unsubscribe list and it imported successfully, was deleted through the workflow and we were able to add back through a form and in the second test a list import. Thank you everyone for your input.

SanfordWhiteman

OK, please mark somebody's response as Correct.