SOLVED

Re: delete/pause a flow step?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

delete/pause a flow step?

Is there a way to delete/pause a flow step without completely deleting it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

what are you trying to do?

No, you cannot Pause a campaign or a flow step. You can use Remove from Campaign to take people out.

Engagements have a Paused function for the Streams.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

what are you trying to do?

No, you cannot Pause a campaign or a flow step. You can use Remove from Campaign to take people out.

Engagements have a Paused function for the Streams.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to turn off a notification temporarily while I worked on a few things. Ultimately I want it in the flow...just not until I've worked out a few other scoring issues. I guess I'll just delete it and then add it back in when I'm ready.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Kristi, this is a little old at this point, but one thing to keep in mind is that if you delete flow steps when there are long wait steps in the same flow you could really throw off the whole flow. What I mean by this is if you have a 1 week wait step as shown below, and you delete the alert, when someone exits the wait step that they were in (#3), then they go to the next number step (#4) -- not whatever was in the flow when they entered the wait step. In the example below they would not have the change data value since step 4 no longer exists when they exit their wait step. This can become very problematic if you have a flow with a lot of wait steps and sends/alerts/changes and any changes are made while people are in wait steps. Hope this makes sense!

Before

1. Send Alert

2. Send Email

3. Wait 1 Week

4. Change Data Value

After

1. Send Email

2. Wait 1 week

3. Change Data Value