SOLVED

Delete content section in email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete content section in email

Howdy!

I'm looking to remove an entire "editable" section from an email template — does anyone know how to do this?

Below is an image of what I am referring to. You will see by the dotted line that the section is editable. But how do I remove not just the content within, but also the container itself?

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Delete content section in email

Hi David,

Try editing the section in HTML mode and just add and HTML comment :

<!-- comment -->

instead of leaving it empty.

If it does not work, see your template designer, it's because the way the template is created sets a minimum height for this section.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Removing the content *may* collapse the section depending on the HTML that made it.

You can only remove an editable area at the Template level, but all dependent Emails with be thrown into Approved w/ Draft. If you need a different email format, please make a different template.

Also, vote up Guided Email Template Idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When we remove the content, the section never collapses. I wonder what is causing the section not to collapse.

It's not difficult to manually remove the HTML, it's just easier for end users to delete the section via the interface.

I wonder if there is a trick to coding the sections so they do collapse when emptied . . .

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

Try editing the section in HTML mode and just add and HTML comment :

<!-- comment -->

instead of leaving it empty.

If it does not work, see your template designer, it's because the way the template is created sets a minimum height for this section.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that it is a minimum height that has been set. So I'll have to adjust the structure to eliminate the problem. Thanks.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

While we wait for Guided editor for emails, we can also create a blank snippet, and replace this section with the snippet. Deleting a section can break the layout at times.