Re: Default Salesforce Lead Visibility

michaelstancil
Level 3

Default Salesforce Lead Visibility

We have recently moved over to using leads in Salesforce, but we aren't seeing them within the database. The SF Object Sync shows many Salesforce rows but 0 in Marketo. When I check in the sync status, I can see every type but lead syncing. I've asked our Salesforce team, and they say the visibility for leads for the Marketo SF user are all enabled, but we can't find any records. We've tested searching for lead-specific emails and IDs, but that also returns nothing. We've synced objects within the lead type to try and get them to appear and refresh the schema, but that yields no dice.

Is there an obvious easy solution I'm missing? 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Quick test: create a new person in Marketo, sync them to SFDC. This creates them as a Lead. Unless you have a process that immediately converts them, they’ll stay a Lead.

Then look them up in SFDC, change a field, wait for the sync to complete and look for the update in Marketo.

• If the Lead is created: that means at least the Marketo user has some permission to the Lead object.
  • If you also see the update: the SFDC team may have only allowed the Marketo user to see Leads that it currently owns.
  • If the Lead isn’t created, or you don’t see the update: they probably didn’t expose leads fully to the Marketo user.
michaelstancil
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman I think we're somewhere in option two~three. I've searched far and wide but can't seem to find any documentation on the SF configuration side, any chance you know where it is?

michaelstancil
Level 3