Decline in Email Deliverability

Anonymous
Not applicable

Decline in Email Deliverability

Since setting up SPF and DKIM, our deliverability has become worse - and I can see that a lot of important messages are not getting delivered. 

Specifically, I have valid email addresses be considered invalid with this listed: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.

Has anyone had this issue?
What would be the next steps in troubleshooting and fixing this issue? 

Thank you!
Crystal
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Decline in Email Deliverability

Have you reached out to support? We have a great set of deliverability folks who can look at what is going on and help you out.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Crystal,

Deliverability depends on your list quality and sender reputation. SPF and DKIM help in the sense that you authorized Marketo's IPs to send on your behalf, thus the receiving server can trust this is a legitimate message from your domain. In theory,this can increase your reputation.

BUT, if you are on a blacklisted IP or your domain is blacklisted or you keep sending to bad email addresses, your deliverability will go down regardless of DKIM.

Can you investigate more on the invalid and bounced reason codes? Are you sure that certain emails are valid?

Can you verify SPF and DKIM are setup properly with mxtoolbox.com and by looking at Show Original in Gmail?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I agree that Support can help you troubleshoot this further.