SOLVED

decaying behavior score - decaying for each interaction - expert challenge

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

decaying behavior score - decaying for each interaction - expert challenge

Hey guys,

Want to pick the collective Marketo brain here. We're trying to figure out how to decay engement socre for each interaction independently. For example, Let's say I have a contact request a brochure on day 1, then again on day 5, and each of these requests gives him a score of +10. He now has a score of 20. What I want to do is deduct 5 points for every 15 days since the interaction.... So - after 20 days, he would have a score of 15, and after 25 days he has a score of 10.

How would I go about doing this? I want to say this isn't possible as each interaction would need to be uniquely tracked, but I thought I'd ask for some expert opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: decaying behavior score - decaying for each interaction - expert challenge

Josh - thank you for the insight! Maybe you could clear something up for me. When you say:

"1. Trigger Score - first interaction gets +15, then a wait step, then it checks if any activity occured, if Not, then -5, then it waits again"

From what I was able to see, a lead gets held in the wait step and even if an activity occurs during the wait step, it does not get "resent" through the flow. So, first interaction gets +15, second interaction gets none during the wait step... This is what my testing showed. Am I (hopefully) missing something?

Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new to Marketo here so someone more seasoned might be able to answer this better then myself.

But you could use any one of the inactivity Filters for the Smart List, and then the "flow" could be something like Change score -5 and then just sceduel it to run every week or so?

Would that do what you're looking to do?

So i guess just create a "inactivity program" and run it however often you want with the filters you would like to track. 

Here's what i'm seeing...

This image is not available because: You don’t have the privileges to see it, or it has been removed from the system

Hope this helps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Stephen. This isn't exaclty what I'm looking for. The problem would be that, if a lead interacts twice, then the inactivity filter would only allow the score to be decayed based on the LAST interaction. However, it looks like this "inactivity program" or daily batch program may be the only answer. This may be more logical as well, since you wouldn't want to deduct the score from someone that's engaged...
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are a couple of thoughts here:

1. Trigger Score - first interaction gets +15, then a wait step, then it checks if any activity occured, if Not, then -5, then it waits again,

The check is conducted by a smart list that looks for Inactivity Filters as Stephen suggested. I see some issues with this setup though.

2. Batch Campaign
Each day you run this and it pulls in the folks who had that interaction. It waits, then asks Campaign 2 to deduct scores if needed. Batch campaign keeps waiting and keeps calling the deduct campaign.

One of the issues is that you can't have this go on forever unless you set it up as a loop, where the Batch calls Deduct Campaign 2 and then Campaign 2 calls Batch or something. I suppose this might work, but I'd be worried you'd break the scores eventually.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh - thank you for the insight! Maybe you could clear something up for me. When you say:

"1. Trigger Score - first interaction gets +15, then a wait step, then it checks if any activity occured, if Not, then -5, then it waits again"

From what I was able to see, a lead gets held in the wait step and even if an activity occurs during the wait step, it does not get "resent" through the flow. So, first interaction gets +15, second interaction gets none during the wait step... This is what my testing showed. Am I (hopefully) missing something?

Thanks!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like I had an error in testing and that the Wait step works perfectly. Basically, if a lead is in a Wait step, a new activity to trigger that smart campaign will essentially send the lead back to the first step. Excellent.