SOLVED

Re: Dealing with competitors in system

Go to solution
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Dealing with competitors in system

Hi,

So I just started at a new company and they are very concerned about competitor leads coming into SFDC (although they have assignments set up in SFDC, not Marketo). So what would you recommend? Do we somehow pick up these leads and NOT have them sync over to SFDC?

In the past, I've always had them sync and then usually are in a certain queue and maybe even hidden. But the SFDC admin (also a sales guy) at this company doesn't seem keen on this idea.

Suggestions?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Typically I do what you suggest. You could also exclude them from syncing over by blocking them from your MQL flow.

I see no reason to not dump competitors into a queue and then delete them from SFDC later. You could in fact have a nightly batch to ensure this happens:

Smart List - Competitors with SFDC Type IS NOT EMPTY
Flow: Delete Lead in SFDC

You might ask them if you could monitor the competitors by keeping them in the system so you can watch form fill outs and page views so you know what they are thinking about you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Typically I do what you suggest. You could also exclude them from syncing over by blocking them from your MQL flow.

I see no reason to not dump competitors into a queue and then delete them from SFDC later. You could in fact have a nightly batch to ensure this happens:

Smart List - Competitors with SFDC Type IS NOT EMPTY
Flow: Delete Lead in SFDC

You might ask them if you could monitor the competitors by keeping them in the system so you can watch form fill outs and page views so you know what they are thinking about you!
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks Josh! I've never had an issue with putting them into a hidden queue (so they're out of sales' way) but I may need to just exclude from syncing. My issue is I'm not yet sure how everything is set up in this instance (I just got this new job)... how would you recommend excluding them, right now it looks like everything auto-syncs? What's the flow?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kim,

In Marketo, the only two ways to sync a lead over to SFDC is via a "Add to SFDC campaign" or "Sync lead to SFDC" flow.

I would go to a few leads, see what program is syncing them over, and exclude competitors from that program by including a filter in the smartlist criteria.

Agree with Josh, however, as I am a fan of just syncing everything over and "hiding" competitors from sales via a queue or status.
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Thanks guys! Yeah, queues have always been my preference. Happy Friday!