SOLVED

Re: Date conditional logic - any progress?

Go to solution
Trish_Keenan1
Level 2

Date conditional logic - any progress?

Hi all,

I'm trying to add people to one stream or another based on dates (If on or before [deadline], add to Stream 1, else add to Steam 2). I've just read Robb Barrett's query from 2016 (Date conditional logic in workflow? ) and hoping optimistically that there has been some progress on this since 2016. Can anyone share a way to accomplish this?

All my thanks,

Trish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Looks like a set of campaigns constrained by Date of Activity [between] can accomplish this.

You're not actually comparing to a token value, which is where the built-in features fall behind.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman

Please move the thread to Products​ (Move link will be at the right). This isn't a support space.

Trish_Keenan1
Level 2

Thanks, Sandy. I've moved it.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Trish,

As far as I know there hasn't been an update, but you can vote for the idea here:

Trish_Keenan1
Level 2

Thanks, Devraj! I've voted... just a bit stunned that this isn't something they've addressed yet.

SanfordWhiteman

Can you be completely explicit about the business logic you're going for? There may be another way to do this.

If it truly requires comparing to a token value, then you have to use a webhook.

Trish_Keenan1
Level 2

Yes, I'd be happy to.

People will be added to this nurture program over a period of approximately 3 months.

If they meet a set of criteria AND enter on or before [DATE1], they are added to Stream 1.

If they meet the criteria and it is after [DATE1] but before [DATE2], they are added to Stream 2.

If they meet the criteria and it is after [DATE2], they are added to Stream 3.

It seems straightforward enough. What I'm dreading is having to manually turn campaigns on and off as the dates pass.

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

Looks like a set of campaigns constrained by Date of Activity [between] can accomplish this.

You're not actually comparing to a token value, which is where the built-in features fall behind.

Trish_Keenan1
Level 2

Thanks so much, Sandy. This is what I will use. (I did originally have these dates set as tokens, but that was clearly not going to be an option... yet!)