SOLVED

Re: Database missing industry fields for majority of leads, how to fix?

Go to solution
Jananim
Level 2

Database missing industry fields for majority of leads, how to fix?

Hi all, 

We are trying to clean up our database so we will be able to segment our leads better and move forward with better marketing. We have found a way to take a list of the email domains in Marketo that are missing information and use zoominfo to populate industry. However, I am struggling with how to link it to the specific emails that are missing this information in Marketo. So far, I am planning to map the email addresses by domain in excel and then import them into the marketo database. But I'm wondering if there is a better way to accomplish this?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Without development, yes, the easiest way is going to be export to CSV, fix up, and reimport.

If you are/have a developer, you might find it easier to merge changes by calling a webhook or using the import API. Also note if you have multiple leads with the same email, you have to use one of these programmatic methods, since the simple UI-based CSV import uses Email Address as the lookup field and will only update a single lead with that address.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Without development, yes, the easiest way is going to be export to CSV, fix up, and reimport.

If you are/have a developer, you might find it easier to merge changes by calling a webhook or using the import API. Also note if you have multiple leads with the same email, you have to use one of these programmatic methods, since the simple UI-based CSV import uses Email Address as the lookup field and will only update a single lead with that address.