SOLVED

Re: Data Value Changes when a form is completed

Go to solution
adele_briggs
Level 3

Data Value Changes when a form is completed

Hello I am new to Marketo. I wanted to check that I do not need to set up a flow to recognise the changes made on a form submission?  The form in question has two tick boxes and the user can either leave unticked or tick to update their email preferences and selected submit. It looks a like a trigger has been set up to recognise what the user has selected and update the field. Does this happen automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You do not need a trigger campaign to update fields that were submitted by the form... unless there's some reason that you exposed different field values in the browser and you want to change them to some other values afterward (strive to avoid this).

You do need a trigger if you need changes to form fields to invoke changes to other fields in your instance.

Also note when a lead is created by a form fill, the values are set for the first time; the values are not considered to have changed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You do not need a trigger campaign to update fields that were submitted by the form... unless there's some reason that you exposed different field values in the browser and you want to change them to some other values afterward (strive to avoid this).

You do need a trigger if you need changes to form fields to invoke changes to other fields in your instance.

Also note when a lead is created by a form fill, the values are set for the first time; the values are not considered to have changed.

adele_briggs
Level 3

Thank you 😊 that is what I suspected. I can see that some had been set up, which was causing some strange loops in the SF system. Thank you so much.