SOLVED

Re: Data Value Change based on timestamp

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Value Change based on timestamp

Hi there,

I want to be able to change a data value based on the time stamp another data value is changed.

We will have data syncing from Salesforce that I want to create a timestamp for - is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Smart Campaign 1

Smart List

Trigger Data Value Change:  Attribute = Lead Field; Constraint Previous Value is empty; Constraint New Value is not empty

Flow

Change Data Value:  Lead Field Date = {{system.date}}

A couple of things on the SFDC side

If you still intend to access the data after a lead converts to a contact, I would make sure that both these fields are on the lead and contact object and they are mapped together in SFDC and they map to a single field in Marketo. It is much cleaner that way. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jessica_Kao3

Hi Veronica,

It's possible but sounds like a series of trigger campaigns.  It might help to understand what your ultimate goal is and maybe there is an easier way to accomplish what you want.  Can you give me an example use case?  Depending on what it is there might be a simpler way. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jessica,

Once a lead field from Salesforce is populated (previously blank) I would like to be able to populate another field with the datestamp of when the Salesforce data was populated (when that data value changed)

Does that give you enough information?

Jessica_Kao3

Smart Campaign 1

Smart List

Trigger Data Value Change:  Attribute = Lead Field; Constraint Previous Value is empty; Constraint New Value is not empty

Flow

Change Data Value:  Lead Field Date = {{system.date}}

A couple of things on the SFDC side

If you still intend to access the data after a lead converts to a contact, I would make sure that both these fields are on the lead and contact object and they are mapped together in SFDC and they map to a single field in Marketo. It is much cleaner that way. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jessica, this is just what I need.