Re: Data import from PowerBI to Marketo

Zach_Statkus
Level 2

Data import from PowerBI to Marketo

Hello,

I am looking to automate an incentive program that triggers specific emails upon hitting order milestones on a sales tool. I have data in PowerBI from two different SQL databases - sales data from the tool and CRM data on users - that are connected by email address. I'd like to import this data into Marketo as a smart list with various custom fields and build triggers for emails (i.e. a gift card email for a users tenth order placed). What is the best way to import these tables into Marketo? Does anyone have experience with this? I have read about API connections and webhooks but not sure the best course of action. I am curious if there is a direct way to pull data into Marketo from PowerBI. Any and all information will be helpful!

Thank you in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You want to use the Bulk Import API (if you export to a CSV first, recommended for lists over 300 leads) or the Push Lead endpoint (for small batches of 1-300).

You won't be importing into a Smart List however, there's no such concept. You can import into a Program or (static) List with these methods.

Zach_Statkus
Level 2

Thank you for your reply, Sanford.

I am not sure of the best path forward on this (I am not a developer). What would be the best way to merge two data tables together, that refreshes daily, and is then pulled into a Marketo list? 

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

I trying to understand why you need to import merged tables from Power BI. If your sales tool has email addresses and sales data, this is sufficient to import into Marketo. Does your sales tool have an outbound webhook capability?

If your sales tool is merely a log and can't track milestones, then is your CRM synced with Marketo? May be try getting your sales data into your CRM some how? and calculate the milestones there so it flows into Marketo.

If there's no connectivity between your sales tool, CRM and/or Marketo. You'll need to build a solution that co-ordinates and automates the jobs between the three. Marketo can't do it by itself.