SOLVED

Data Extract by Marketo Table (full dataset)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Extract by Marketo Table (full dataset)

Hey,

Is there a way to extract data from Marketo tables within Marketo? I'm not an API coder so I'm looking for the functionality within Marketo.

I'd love to get a full list of:

(1) Emails we've sent

Email Id, Email Name, Datetime Sent

(2) Leads that were targeted for those email (initial send list pre-delivery failure)

Lead Id, Email Id, Email Send Id, Email Address

(3) Successful deliveries

Email Send Id, Delivery Datetime

(4) A full list of Unsubscribes

Lead Id, Unsubscribe Date, Unsubscribe Reason, Unsubscribe source (a link back to an Email Send if possible or any other source)

I want to be able to extract the full set of information without having to go into each campaign or email separately.  That would be so many manual extracts.. my hope is that this can just be a few and I can import the data into a MySQL database to run some queries off of.

Why the ask? I'm looking to use this to study our unsubscribes.  I want to know:

(1) How often are we emailing our leads - # of sends by lead within any timeframe

(2) Of those who have unsubscribed, how many emails did they receive within 7 days (or any timeframe)  prior to their unsub?

(3) Is there a specific email type (webinar invite, tradeshow invite, whitepaper mention, etc..) or email pattern that leads to unsubscribes?

I hope this makes sense - I was thinking this would be easy but I can't seem to find a way to get the data I'm after in larger extracts. 

Thanks,

Quinton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Data Extract by Marketo Table (full dataset)

You should be able to use smart lists to do this. I did a similar analysis using the email filters and some excel work. Is it perfect? No. Was it good enough? Yes. Clearly showed a small, but defensible increase in unsubscribes if a lead received 2 emails in one day.

If you can use the API, you can download the entire activity log and dataset if you want. May slow down your system though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should be able to use smart lists to do this. I did a similar analysis using the email filters and some excel work. Is it perfect? No. Was it good enough? Yes. Clearly showed a small, but defensible increase in unsubscribes if a lead received 2 emails in one day.

If you can use the API, you can download the entire activity log and dataset if you want. May slow down your system though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response Josh!

Smart lists are definitely a great way to look at email volume (people who received 1,2,3,4 emails in x timeframe). I'll start with that but I have a feeling that I'm going to struggle to answer any follow-up questions about the types of emails being received since smart lists restrict me to just exporting lead information.

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Hi Quinton,

You could just create a new field to populate this data (just like a Concatenate formula in Excel). You will see the journey of all the emails that were sent/received/opened/clicked (whichever value you look at) of that specific lead.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's gonna run out of room fast if you include activities like Sent Email.

History fields are very useful, but can only scale if they're reserved for interesting and relatively rare activities like Filled Out Form.

Emmanuelle_Biss
Level 5

Good Point, there is a limit in the number of characters your are allowed and it can get quickly unreadable . I've created a similar field though, with the names of the campaigns that the lead touched (through the filled out forms) until he becomes a client of ours. The names of the campaigns are short, so the field can include multiple names.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be so useful to have in Analytics...unsubscribe trends with email by channel, #'s of times received. And for bonus points, with drill down to the actual leads.