Re: Customer success manager and account manager engagement with your account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer success manager and account manager engagement with your account

I wanted to raise one question within the community to see how has been there experience with their account manager and customer success manger at Marketo.

We do have a dedicated account manager and customer success manager but we are not getting replies desired responses and in timely fashion and overall it seems that Marketo account management structure seems to be very loose in structure. There isn't a clear delineation between Account managers responsibility versus Customer success manager.

Whenever there are issues we try to raise, customer success manager would direct us to individual departments to follow up rather than mediating any kind of solution which seems to be odd and there isn't any kind of follow by customer success manager on the issue.

Is it just my experience or does anyone in the community feels similar kind of pain. I have seen this kind of behavior in last 1.5 years of relationship with Marketo. Also do you know who would be the point person within Marketo to be made aware of any such concerns with our account management team.

Appreciate your thoughts.

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would ask your Account Manager and their manager to work with you on this. Perhaps the team needs to change. What I have also seen is that the Account Manager is really for renewals and add ons. After implementation, I am unsure why you still have a Customer Success person...do you mean Support?

(I have seen this before as well when I've worked with SMBs)

It sounds like you may need more support than they can/want to offer you, so it may be that you should consider some options:

• paying for more support at Marketo
  • hiring a consultant to be on call/retainer for these questions
  • asking for a new account manager who can be more responsive.
  • resolving whatever issues are causing you to ask a lot of questions. Maybe they just need to sit down with you to review things.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is extremely frustrating to see. I am having the exact same issues and it's been going on for a while.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alyssa Retallick

We would suggest that the executive sponsor in your company for Marketo project reach out to Marketo and get this resolved. This is how we have been able to resolve this issue.

You can private message me and I can provide some more details.

Harjot