Re: Customer Engagement Engine - Smart Campaign Schedule tab

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer Engagement Engine - Smart Campaign Schedule tab

I am getting ready to activate a nurture program in the new cusotmer engagement engine. I am trying to schedule the smart campaign that will trigger leads to enter into the program/stream. Where it says "If lead has been in this Smart Campaign before" area on the Schedule tab, should I select once or every time? My gut tells me every time, as some leads may enter into the nurture stream, move out, and then possible move back in at a later date...and since the new engine listens for duplicate content, I should be OK selecting this every time option, right? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Do you want the lead to go into engagement every time? Probably not, so I would select Once.

While the engagement program will avoid the dupe, there's no reason to have sent it over in the first place. Even if the lead is exhausted in the Stream, it will still be a member of the program. You can then add in new content any time to restart those leads.

Or you can have them move into a new stream or engagement.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response Josh (and hope you're doing well!) -- OK, let me run another scenerio by you... So, if the lead enters the nurture stream and then becomes an Opportunity we are pausing the lead in the program. Let's say, though, that the lead does not continue on to a win/become a customer. Let's say we want to recycle that lead to continue nurturing, or possibly they don't have the budget or it's not the right timing and we want to nurture to them in a stream let's say in 6 months. By setting it to "once", will that block the lead from flowing through at a later date? Thanks!! I'm guessing if it's moving to a new stream, setting it to once will work. But, what if it goes back to the same stream at some point? If I'm just confusing myself on a simple thing, let me know! ha!