Re: Customer Engagement based on the number of days after interaction with content rather than based on a day of the week

Rich_Bakes
Level 1

Customer Engagement based on the number of days after interaction with content rather than based on a day of the week

Hi All - I have a customer that is looking to build an engagement program that can send content to people based on # of days after a lead  has engaged with content in an email. Is this currently possible with Marketo?  My customer believes that this functionality is not possible with Marketo as we can only run programs set by the days of the week.

5 REPLIES 5
Balkar_Singh
Level 9 - Champion

Re: Customer Engagement based on the number of days after interaction with content rather than based on a day of the week

Would need clarity on 'send content to people based on # of days after a lead  has engaged with content in an email'

Are you trying to qualify people based on a duration, after a lead has engaged in an email?

E.g. Send Content 1, 3 days after the lead has engaged, Send Content 2, 7 days after lead has engaged?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

My customer believes that this functionality is not possible with Marketo as we can only run programs set by the days of the week.

Probably you'll find a solution under what folks have called a "variable cadence" for Engagement Programs:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/champion-program-blogs/engagement-program-hacks-for-variable-cadence-a...

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Interestingly, it seems like that has screenshots of "wait" cadence within an Engagement program "out of the box" which I'm guessing never got released.

If the need is pretty simple then smart campaigns might suffice, since it gets complicated quickly with variable cadence in an engagement program.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Agreed. My question would be how many emails you would be looking to send after the monitored interaction. Not sure an engagement program is the answer her, unless you run the Add to Engagement Program based on that timing. You could send a separate "welcome" email on the day you add the person to the EP and then let the cadence of the EP take over after that.

But it all depends on the use case. A simple Default program might also do the trick if the number of content pieces is limited.

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

This can be achieved by series of smart campaigns.