Re: Custom Landing Page Reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Landing Page Reports

Warning: I am new to Marketo.

I have been navigating around the Dashboard & associated Analytics reports. I find the reports to be very rudimentary and (almost) non-customizable. And I cannot seem to find anywhere where I can create Custom reports from scratch. Am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Les,

No, reporting is not what you'd want it to be. I think Marketo realizes this and is working on improving the analytics suite.

That being said, try and use your preferred analytics tool for webpage analytics. Page anlaytics will always be better coming from Google Analytics or a similar suite. Marketo tends to look at who visited and not how often someone visited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying so quickly Stijn. Sadly -- this is what I thought. I was hoping that I had missed something. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not actually true.  Marketo has an ad hoc reporting suite called RCA that is quite customizable.  It is a business intelligence tool that sits on top of a data warehouse.  I use it all the time to create some pretty nice dashboards.  It is an add on but very inexpensive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The plot thickens. Thanks for hopping into this discussion Jamie. I assume you are referring to: the Revenue Cycle Analytics product?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jamie Lewis​ I took a look. I don't think this tool allows for the creation of Custom Landing Page reports  such as those outlined by Stijn Heijthuijsen and myself. I'd love to be wrong on this item.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

These are the report types in RCE:

Create a Revenue Explorer Report - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

What sort of custom landing page reports are you looking to create?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan: I need something more powerful than the canned (hardly customizable) Landing Page Reports. If we build a Campaign with a dedicated Landing page, I want to be able to track clicks on all of the Page's assets. I know I can implement Campaign tracking so that my click data flows through to GA. But I'd also like to see real click data in Marketo.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Unfortunately, you're not going to find anything beyond this using RCE.  In fact, offline, we're working closely with DemandBase (and to some extent, with Marketo) in sharing with them some of the items on our reporting wish list.  Specifically a more account-centric view of things.  Below is an example of what we hope to get out of Marketo, DemandBase and some of the other platforms we're working with (btw, "IMs" stands for Interesting Moments).  Ideally, this would come out of Marketo as Marketo is our primary platform for us.  I created a separate idea focused around this sort of reporting:

pastedImage_0.png