Re: Custom Fields values within Custom Objects into Standard Fields

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Custom Fields values within Custom Objects into Standard Fields

Hi there,

Is there a way to copy over custom object field values to standard lead fields in Marketo, that is into 'Info' and 'Company Info'? We are trying to integrate call data and the person on phone collects additional lead info which we would like to move to lead fields and else it lives in custom object fields.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can only do this with some extremely advanced Velocity. There's a post sketching it out on my blog.

Alternately, change the entry point for your Custom Object creation so that the latest CO fields are also copied to flat lead fields.

Gunpreet_Kaur1
Level 3

Can you please direct me to that blog post?

Custom Object creation is provided by the third party and they say Marketo doesn't let them write to lead fields(these are custom fields in Marketo).

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, "Marketo" as a whole lets them write to lead fields. But you may not have let their API account write to lead fields (which is actually the best practice, but you have to loosen it if you want to get this done that way).

If you click my profile, you'll get to my external blog (I haven't posted this particular one to the official Marketo blog because it's too experimental). Then search for Velocity and page through.