Custom Field Inquiry

AndreaL32
Level 2

Re: Custom Field Inquiry

The form has been approved when I have done all the tests and it is a Marketo LP.  The "General News" option is visible now (see below) and the test worked and was moved to the right list. I set up the flow step for the other stored values and tested those as well and the leads are going through, as I see them under "Filled Out Form", but they are not moving into the right folder and are not options in the dropdown. 

AndreaL32_0-1644847114272.png

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

A few remarks:

• You look for the field being equal to a specific value, but with a multivalue picker, contains would be the appropriate operator, as all values will be concatenated in there.
  • Besides approving the form, you also need to reapprove your landing page, otherwise the form changes will not be shown on there.
AndreaL32
Level 2

Thank you @Katja_Keesom , I appreciate the feedback. I was able to get the test leads to come through for all options. However, in the "add to list" flow step since only the first match choice applies, am I not able to select multiple options and have them flow to the corresponding lists even though that's allowed on the form? I tried it both ways, in one step and separate steps. I am unsure of what additional item I am missing. 

AndreaL32_0-1644935384528.png

AndreaL32_1-1644935791347.png

Katja_Keesom

They would need to be separate add to list flow steps for each list indeed.

AndreaL32
Level 2

Thank you again for your help! I have been able to get the form to work and the leads are flowing through. However, I am trying to make the leads flow to certain folders for each designated newsletter and it's just adding the name to all the lists when selecting multiple newsletters in the form.  Is there a better way to set this up? 

AndreaL32_0-1646335672561.png

AndreaL32_1-1646335697833.png

Katja_Keesom

There's two things you need to change in your add to list flow steps:

1. If Newsletter contains instead of is (because there could be more than one newsletter value in the field).
  2. Set your Default choice to "Do Nothing" by removing the value that is in there now.

The flow step is now adding the person to the list regardless of the value because your two choices both do the same thing.

Katja_Keesom

Just to check for the obvious: Is the form on a Marketo LP or embedded on your local page? In case of a Marketo LP, did you approve the page after updating your form?

EllenSchwier
Level 4

It looks like you have a lot of the answers you were looking for, but I have another question that might seem obvious. Can someone subscribe to more than one newsletter? Or only one?

If they can subscribe to multiple newsletters, you might want to consider changing your form to capture the opt-in to each newsletter separately. And simply use the field equals true in your smart list criteria. Seems like it would save you a lot of steps.