SOLVED

CTA button coding is not tracking the downloads - looking for input on this.

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: CTA button coding is not tracking the downloads - looking for input on this.

so did you actually set up an mock email and code for a bulletproof button - then did you send that email to yourself and you clicked the button - and did your action reflect in the Email Link Performance report (as well as your activity log)?

Yes, exactly.

SanfordWhiteman

Re: CTA button coding is not tracking the downloads - looking for input on this.

Jamie, I'm clicking the VML button in Outlook and it's in the ELP report. That's the point of my screenshots. Clicks are both individually logged and rolled up to the report.

Are you saying that it's working for non-PDF links, but specifically not working for PDFs? I can test this as well but find it nearly impossible to believe such a discrepancy has anything to do with the button structure.

Or maybe "embedded in the button" means something else? (But what else could it mean in an email?)

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Sanford, is it possible for me to send you a mock email with the button (to your personal email) so you can see for yourself?

SanfordWhiteman

Sure, you can send it here and also send one here​ (easier for me inspect the second one).

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Thank you so much Sanford!  I just sent the email to you for you to test the button - which results don't seem to be rolling up into the LPR.  Please let me know once you submit and I'll check the LPR.  Then we can go from there.  Thanks again

SanfordWhiteman

Jamie Barclay​ sorry for the delay. I just clicked the CTA from my Outlook 2013 box, so take a look at the report.

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Hi Sanford, Everything seems to be function now as it should 🙂 Thank you soooo much for your help/confirmation.

Email Performance report:

pastedImage_2.png

Email Link performance report

pastedImage_1.png

Smart list (for the link):

pastedImage_3.png

SanfordWhiteman

Great! If you maybe mark my answer with the blog link as Correct....

Jamie_Barclay
Level 5

Just did... thanks again for your help.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Vote here: