Re: Creating Preview Urls "View as a Webpage" in external report

David_Sparks
Level 2

Creating Preview Urls "View as a Webpage" in external report

I am trying to hyperlink email campaign names in a Report (excel spreadsheet) so when the link is clicked, it provides the "View as a Webpage" experience.

Is there an established URL I can use and just append a token to it some it will pull up the correct email (example below "XXXX"?

I see "Email ID" in preview links in Designer:

https: //na-abq.marketodesigner.com/email/emailPreview?emailIDXXXX&explicitHostname=app-abq.market.com

Does anyone know of a way to do this so I can provide external reports without having recipients log into Marketo to preview the email.

Thanks, David

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMPORTANT NOTE: You have to be a Marketo user with the correct roles/permissions in order to open a "Preview Draft" link.

David_Sparks
Level 2

Thanks Jim.  Good point, which is why I am trying to see if there is a way I can configure a url based on the "View as a Webpage" url (using something like Email ID for each campaign) that WON'T require someone to login.  The Preview isn't a good option for this reason.  I was using that as an example.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I have been able to do this with other systems.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no lead-neutral, publicly-accessible Web Page View out of the box. You can create one from a received email (but that's not automatic).

David_Sparks
Level 2

Sanford, thanks, that makes sense, the lead-neutral aspect is an important consideration.

Do you know the steps to create one for a received email.  It sounds like you may have done this in the past?  Thanks, David

SanfordWhiteman

Only way I really know of is using my ShareMaker method (https://sharemaker.launchrock.com).  It's not that I'm biased -- SM wouldn't exist if there were other ways to do this stuff.

David_Sparks
Level 2

Sanford, I signed up for a free trial with 2 different email addresses.  How do I access this tool.  It looks to be useful BTW.  Many thanks, David

SanfordWhiteman

Hi! Just sent you an email for the next step.

Sarah_Shanahan
Level 1

Hi Sanford, 

Is your ShareMaker tool still active/available? I put my email in on the site, but didn't receive anything.

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, it is still running... but I didn't know that old LP was still up (it's with the legacy version of LaunchRock I think).

Let me check for emails submitted there, oopsie...