Re: Creating Nurture campaigns without engagement streams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating Nurture campaigns without engagement streams

Can any one tell how to create the nurture campaigns without using engagement streams. I'm trying to build an simle email program but don't think will it work or not.

Can you provide me with some solutions

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Why don't you think it will work ?

Standard campaign that alternate "send email" and "wait" flow steps can do a very good job in certain conditions. These Std campaigns will get hosted together with the assets in a "default" program type.

It get's tricky when you want to manage multiple streams and transitions, in which case you will need a "traffic cop". This is the way we used to, do things prior to the introduction of Engagement Programs.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response, is it possible for you to share some example on how to build the nurture campaigns without engagement streams.

Thanks,

Hariharan

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Not as is, but if you search the community for "traffic cop", you will find some recipes.

There is a preliminary question: why don't you want to use the engagement program ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo has a limit of 100 Engagement programs and i have utilized all of them, so in future the nurture programs should be build different.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Hariharan, if you don't have all of the programs "turned on" (which would be challenging to accomplish), you might be able to reach out to support for more engagement programs: https://nation.marketo.com/message/111878#comment-111878 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can ask Support to increase to 300 or 500 if you are a good customer.

But I have NEVER seen a situation where 100 engagements are all on, active, and well planned. I would seriously look at shutting down some or deleting them.

Unfortunately, the limit applies whether or not the Engagement is ON.

Please see slideshare.net/jdavidhill for a slide deck on Engagements vs. Drip Wait Steps.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Agreed with Josh.

One of the point is : have you considered using multiple streams per program ? If so, it would enable you to scale to hundreds of streams, and thousands of nurturing emails...

-Greg