Creating new lead record when contact goes through Marketo flow to SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating new lead record when contact goes through Marketo flow to SFDC

When I run leads through the Marketo flow to add them to SFDC campaigns and update their lead statuses, I'd like Marketo to automatically create a new lead record if a person is a contact. Right now, if a contact is in the list, no new lead record is created. So contacts who go through flow go unnoticed because they don't have a lead status. Any help? I saw this article http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqdCAC  but this is not the case for us.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Creating new lead record when contact goes through Marketo flow to SFDC

when you say "lead status" do you mean "member status"?

So that article says you can add the record to a Queue and Marketo will create a dupe, which you can then manipulate.

But it sounds like what you are trying to do is push the record into your Sales team's queue or lead list? A couple of ways to handle this:
  • Add Tasks and make sure people know how to use them.
  • Add a Contact Status that can help and then train people to use the Contact list.
  • get sales to use Sales Insight.
Anonymous
Not applicable

All good suggestions by Josh...we have implemented both a Contact Status (we created "Person Status" as a common field between the two) as well as used tasks/alerts to alert reps of contact activity.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions. I might be confusing as I explain this. I meant "Lead Status."  But yes, we want to push the record to Sales.

So here's the scenario: We host a lot of webinars to generate sales leads.  The registration list is a combination of Leads and Contacts (who we have previously spoken/worked with). After the webinar, I flow the list of webinar attendees through Marketo so that they are added to qualified campaigns in SalesForce.  I also change Lead Status  to "New Lead" so that those leads appears in our Sales' Lead View. But the problem here is when I run the list through Marketo, it doesn't make a new lead record for the Contact. So that Contact just sits there and isn't called upon because it's not in Sales' Lead View. In a list of 100s of leads and contacts, it's hard to spot check and find the contacts and manually create a new lead record for them. 

I will look into the tasks, adding Contact Status, and Sales Insight as solutions for this. But I thought this was an automatic thing that Marketo should do and I shouldn't worry about - right? Thanks!!