How do I access Communication Limits?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I access Communication Limits?

Supposedly, I am an admin user.

I do not see the menu option "Communication Limits" in the Admin section.

Has this moved elsewhere? Other than user permissions, is there some other reason that I am unable to see this?

Thank you (new user so I apologize for the simple question)
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I access Communication Limits?

0EM50000000RHqE.jpg

This is what it looks like in the admin section. Here's a link on the "how-to": http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAoDCAW

I
f you don't find it, you may need to contact support or your rep.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Kim. That's exactly where I was looking. Contacting support/rep.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please contact your Marketo Account Executive instead. That option is not missing. It is an optional add on.

Taken from article "Enable Communication Limits"
Not all customers have purchased this functionality. Contact your sales rep for details.

0EM50000000RHqJ.jpg
Nation150_Rizzo
Level 4

There is a way to create communciation limits without having to pay for the upgrade
Anonymous
Not applicable

To what Karly is saying you can do this the old-school way through a smart campaign...

Smart list was sent email (give constraints on # of days and # of min times sent) and then the Flow would be to marketing suspend for however long you want and then you need to marketing suspend = false AFTER that amount of time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the concern is that we have these settings over all campaigns/eblasts. A global setting mentality.

Would the work around do that?
Nation150_Rizzo
Level 4

Yes it would. It only works on a global level.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I think I figured out how to turn it on, just not how to reverse it.

I have a Smart Campaign that has a flow Marketing Suspended=True when:
Any are true:
Email is any, date of activity is in time frame=today, min number of times=2 OR
Email is any, date of activity is in time frame=This Week S S, min number of times=2.

Not sure how to tell another campaign if those are NOT true to set marketing suspended=False.

Am I approaching this correctly? It may be that I inherited the "logic" from our previous system and I'm approaching this incorrectly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on what else you have that pushes leads to be marketing suspended.

If you have other rules, then you most likely have a separate smart campaign to make them "unsuspended" after a certain amount of time. If you do want to create a separate campaign it would be If marketing suspended=true (can add another filter to say AND member of the above campaign) then marketing suspended=false.

OR you can just put a wait step in the first campaign you just made wait however long and then the third step is marketing suspended=false.

I'd be sure to test though!