SOLVED

Creating a loop to combine multiple location and billing data to one email

Go to solution
tdarr-viasat
Level 1

Creating a loop to combine multiple location and billing data to one email

So I have an issue, currently we have multiple accounts, using the same contact email but for different billing locations, right now we are supposed to be sending a user an Billing email for every location but we would like to be able to combine/stack locations and billing data for each location into one email. We have some ideas but I am hoping to get some feedback before moving forward. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Creating a loop to combine multiple location and billing data to one email

Not sure what you’re thinking, but you can’t combine multiple people with the same Email Address field as any sort of collection in Marketo.

You can view such people using the Duplicate Fields Smart List filter. But that doesn’t give you the ability to send a single email that incorporates data from multiple people. (If anything, it’s the opposite, as Marketo will not send the same email to multiple people with the same email address within the same flow step, though you can work around that by calling separate campaigns.)

If you want to have different billing locations for the same human, the way to go is Custom Objects.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not sure what you’re thinking, but you can’t combine multiple people with the same Email Address field as any sort of collection in Marketo.

You can view such people using the Duplicate Fields Smart List filter. But that doesn’t give you the ability to send a single email that incorporates data from multiple people. (If anything, it’s the opposite, as Marketo will not send the same email to multiple people with the same email address within the same flow step, though you can work around that by calling separate campaigns.)

If you want to have different billing locations for the same human, the way to go is Custom Objects.

tdarr-viasat
Level 1

Thanks I figured it out using a Custom Object and a loop script.