Created By field as a smart list trigger

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Created By field as a smart list trigger

Hello! I'm trying to add leads & contacts created by a rep to a campaign. I can't seem to find the trigger action for this. I checked in "Data Value Changes" and the "Lead is Created" trigger doesn't have a constraint for it. It is a field I can report on in salesforce. Salesforce workflows only really work for email alerts & tasks, so I can't find a good way to do this inside salesforce. Anyone do this already/have an idea on how we can do it?

Thank You!

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Created By field as a smart list trigger

Lead is Created Source=salesforce.com

I would consider using this as a batch with Lead Was Created in Past 1 day. Lead is Created trigger could cause massive trigger queue issues.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hi Josh,

How would I define the rep? from that point?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Amanda,

I'm dealing with a similar issue and since it's a system generated field in SFDC, Marketo can't reference it as a constraint in Smart Campaigns. The suggestion I've received is create a duplicate field in SFDC (one on the Lead Object and one on the Contact Object) that references the name of the user who created the record. I don't recommend pulling in the User ID, as that's not as easy to reference when you're building out your Smart Campaigns. It's not ideal, as your just creating duplicate fields, but it should do the trick for you use case.

Daniel

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Similar to Daniel's solution, I automatically populate any lead that is created from SFDC the email of the sales rep that created the lead into Lead Source Detail.   I have LSD one on the lead object one on the contact object and I map them together in SFDC.  That way, I only have to pull one field into my smart list.  It's fine to have them into two, I personally prefer fewer fields.