SOLVED

Create/Update Google Sheet from Marketo Static List

Go to solution
RaulEr
Level 4

Create/Update Google Sheet from Marketo Static List

Hi community,

I was trying the Zapier app to send data from Marketo to Google Sheets but the only available trigger is when a new lead is created in Mkto.

Are there any other ways to do this? Maybe a webhook or another integrations platform?

Thanks!

-Raul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Create/Update Google Sheet from Marketo Static List

If you follow the directions I linked above, it’s pretty easy to append rows.

If you must overwrite rows in the Sheet (rather than appending new rows and using another Sheet as a “rollup view” to show one row per Email Address) then you can’t use a simple form post. Instead, you’d need to call a webhook-compatible service that in turn calls the Google Sheets API to update cells.*

*Technically, every Google Form has an unguessable ‘Edit Link’ that lets a person go back and
edit their answers after each form post. Very handy when using a visible Google Form, but
when skipping the visible form to POST straight to the form endpoint, it’s not feasible to get
the Edit Link from the response.
If you had the Edit Link you could POST updates to that but alas.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

When do you wish to trigger an update in the sheet - on new people getting added to/existing people getting removed from the list, or existing people getting updated, or both?

RaulEr
Level 4

Both. I would need to reflect all changes from the static list into the sheet.

SanfordWhiteman

If you follow the directions I linked above, it’s pretty easy to append rows.

If you must overwrite rows in the Sheet (rather than appending new rows and using another Sheet as a “rollup view” to show one row per Email Address) then you can’t use a simple form post. Instead, you’d need to call a webhook-compatible service that in turn calls the Google Sheets API to update cells.*

*Technically, every Google Form has an unguessable ‘Edit Link’ that lets a person go back and
edit their answers after each form post. Very handy when using a visible Google Form, but
when skipping the visible form to POST straight to the form endpoint, it’s not feasible to get
the Edit Link from the response.
If you had the Edit Link you could POST updates to that but alas.

SanfordWhiteman

You can add rows to a Google Sheet using a Google Form-style post — read my old post on that. Then you can use the approach suggested here to read only the latest row for each person.