Re: Create new RSVP/Invitation Tag/Channel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create new RSVP/Invitation Tag/Channel

I usually use additional lists for holding e.g. attendees list. I would rather use tags/channels appropriately. Can you suggest the steps and best practice for making this invitation channel? This seems common. Is there one existing already? I dont have it in my list.

Thanks ~

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be create a custom channel for 'Field events' and have various program status values in it. Like invited, attended, no show etc

Rajesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thank you. I understand this. I am looking for more a comprehensive answer with proper statuses

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Tradeshow channel comes pretty close. The only thing I see wrong with using this specific channel is its missing a "RSVPed" status.

Something like the following would be good

Invited -> RSVPed -> Attended -> Visited Booth

Invited -> Declined

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I must have missed/forgot it, but it seems thats what channels trade show and roadshow are for. But, not all events are trade or rroadshows. How about an additional channel "Event" with the flow mentioned above.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can certainly create any additional Channel however you want.

Roadshows and Tradeshows should cover 99% of situations and the existing statuses work for most people. I usually adjust them slightly to be clearer though. Engaged never really says much to me. You can also adjust these channels slightly to do what you want too.

Perhaps if you described the situation of the event and how you think it should work, we could help. See docs.marketo.com for the program channel status setup process.