SOLVED

Re: Create custom triggers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create custom triggers

Hello,

I would like to be able to create a custom trigger that I can call through the Munchkin API.

Currently, sending data to Marketo from our web application requires the use of the visitWebPage event with a hackish url and parameter set such as:

mktoMunchkinFunction('visitWebPage', {url: '.action', params: 'url match'});

Doing it this way lets us record the action, but there is no way to send further information in the parameter list (unless it is possible to parse the params string in Marketo). Is there a way to create a trigger in Marketo that I can call in the following way?

mktoMunchkinFunction('createdProject', {url: 'www.example.com', ranking: 1000});

Thanks,

- Dan
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Dan, The munchkin API is pretty limited. You can however log any string as the web page URL, as long as it starts with a "/". It doesn't actually have to be a URL. So you could log the URL "/CreatedProject:TRUE;Ranking:1000". In Marketo you could create a Smart List "visited web page, URL contains 'Ranking:1000'" to segment your data. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Dan, The munchkin API is pretty limited. You can however log any string as the web page URL, as long as it starts with a "/". It doesn't actually have to be a URL. So you could log the URL "/CreatedProject:TRUE;Ranking:1000". In Marketo you could create a Smart List "visited web page, URL contains 'Ranking:1000'" to segment your data. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the answer, Jep. This looks like it will work for our purposes.