SOLVED

Create a Token for An Opportunity Field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a Token for An Opportunity Field

I need to trigger an e-mail to send based on a status change of a salesforce opportunity.

I need to include in the e-mail the content of a field on the opportunity - a reason/description field.

How can I get or create a token to pull that field from the opportunity and insert it in the body of the e-mail?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Re: Create a Token for An Opportunity Field

Hi David,

You can use script tokens to pull info from the Opportunity object into an email.  http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+an+Email+Script+Token

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi David,

You can use script tokens to pull info from the Opportunity object into an email.  http://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+an+Email+Script+Token

BP_chloecurtis
Level 1

Hi all, how do you ensure that the right token is pulled through when a person may have multiple opportunity contact roles? How is this differentiated? 

I am trying to pull a token through to an email, an opportunity field (e.g. a personalised link for that client), and then send an email to the opportunity contact role, pulling through this link to the email. 

I can filter for the contact on the opportunity no problem, but I am struggling to ensure the link on the opportunity is being pulled through to the right opportunity contact role email sent.  I have tried using an email script token with no luck. Thanks

@Roxann_McGlump1 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well, you can loop through the OpportunityList and pick the correct Opportunity record or you can also sort the OpportunityList based on a certain field and then pick data from the first element. If you let us know on what basis you wish to pull the Opportunity record from the OpportunityList (in case a particular field on the Opportunity record equal to a certain value or the latest updated opportunity, etc.), we could help you with the script.

Mark-Knight
Level 2

I believe the ability to add an email script in the way that is advised in the link is no longer working - at least not for me.

When I select to add a Token > Email Script, I get an empty dialogue showing no Standard Objects I can select. Just a repeat of the Standard Objects element

MarkKnight_0-1704464025212.png

I am looking for a way to generate a token to include within an internal email alert that will report on the SalesForce Opportunity field 'Description' 

- How can I achieve this?

Mark Knight
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Mark,

The screen can be a bit buggy when loading, resulting in the fields in the tree not loading. Closing the screen and trying again should fix that.

Besides that, I would suggest to start a new thread with your question, rather than responding to such an old one. Your interaction can easily get overlooked that way.

Kind regards,

Katja

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, thank you.