SOLVED

Create a custom view in Results

Go to solution
Hchen151
Level 3

Create a custom view in Results

Hi Marketo Experts,
Is there a way to create a new custom column after all the default columns in the Results of a campaign? (See below)

Hchen151_0-1661821522332.png

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Create a custom view in Results

Well, that seems like a reasonable request, but it's not that easy. Firstly, the name of an email sent is not a value on any field in the lead database. Rightfully so, as one person receives many emails, and 1:n relationships never work well in lead fields.

You could e.g. create a field like "Last Email Sent" and use the trigger.name token to copy the name of an email into that field. 

Or, you check out "People Performance Reports" with Custom Columns, and created Custom Columns for the various email variants (Smart List: Was Sent Email abc..., Name that Smart List after the Email it is filtering on and bring that onto your report as Custom Column) 

Or you just create Smart Lists that filter on the various emails sends and monitor your recipients this way.

Overall, I admit, just workarounds, but I don't see any native function that would allow the view that you're expecting.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not on the Results tab, no.

Similar to your other recent question, can you please describe what view you’re trying to get and of what data? Don’t be distracted by the Results tab, explain exactly what you’re trying to view/export.

Hchen151
Level 3

So in the multiple segment in one Smart Campaign, I'd like to see which lead receives which email.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Well, that seems like a reasonable request, but it's not that easy. Firstly, the name of an email sent is not a value on any field in the lead database. Rightfully so, as one person receives many emails, and 1:n relationships never work well in lead fields.

You could e.g. create a field like "Last Email Sent" and use the trigger.name token to copy the name of an email into that field. 

Or, you check out "People Performance Reports" with Custom Columns, and created Custom Columns for the various email variants (Smart List: Was Sent Email abc..., Name that Smart List after the Email it is filtering on and bring that onto your report as Custom Column) 

Or you just create Smart Lists that filter on the various emails sends and monitor your recipients this way.

Overall, I admit, just workarounds, but I don't see any native function that would allow the view that you're expecting.

Hchen151
Level 3

Thanks for the suggestion of the workarounds. It seems pretty feasible- I'll try it : )