SOLVED

Could a hidden field on a form cause my thank-you page not to load?

Go to solution
Mercury1009
Level 1

Could a hidden field on a form cause my thank-you page not to load?

I noticed today that my thank-you page was not loading when I tested the form on a landing page. The same landing page would just reload, but all of the info I entered in the form was added at the end of the URL (definitely a new one for me!):

?FirstName=Susan-test&LastName=Horridge-test&Email=susan.horridge%40stratasys.com&Phone=1234567890&Company=Stratasys-test&Hearaboutus__c=SSYS+-+Total+Advantage&Hearaboutus__c=SSYS+-+Total+Advantage&formid=1629&lpId=2948&subId=68&munchkinId=000-SBR-000&lpurl=%2F%2Finfo.stratasysdirect.com%2Fblah-blah-blah-blah.html%3Fcr%3D%7Bcreative%7D%26kw%3D%7Bkeyword%7D&cr=&kw=&q=

(Note: I changed some identifying values above)

I defined the TY page on the form itself; tried defining it on the LP. Nothing worked. Then I removed a hidden field in my form and the TY page loaded as expected. (Hidden value above is in bold.)

I work in two instances of Marketo; I use hidden fields all the time in a Instance #1, but this is the first time I added a hidden field in Instance #2 so I'm wondering if there's something in our LP template that doesn't work with hidden form fields.

I'm at a bit of a loss here!

Thanks,

Susan

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Could a hidden field on a form cause my thank-you page not to load?

No, a hidden field alone cannot cause this.

A hidden field in conjunction with JS code that poorly handles the field definitely can cause this.

See the post

Why do I see my form fields in the URL, instead of seeing the Thank You page?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No, a hidden field alone cannot cause this.

A hidden field in conjunction with JS code that poorly handles the field definitely can cause this.

See the post

Why do I see my form fields in the URL, instead of seeing the Thank You page?

Mercury1009
Level 1

Thank you for the insight!

Susan